Saturday, February 13, 2010

Valentine's Day

Well, it's the day before Valentine's Day and I'm looking forward to just spending some good, quality time with my sweetie, Lisa.  I had a dozen red roses delivered Friday and believe it or not, I have a card ready as well.  I didn't wait until the last minute this year and I feel so much better for getting it done ahead of time.  I have another sweetie, too.  My 17 year old daughter, Lori, who is the apple of my eye.  She will be leaving for college next year and I don't know how I'm going to handle that.  I got her a card too so I'm gonna be golden with my girls tomorrow.  Are you guys ready?  I hope you treat your loved ones with something special, even if it's just a card.  Just let them know that you love them.
Speaking of that, I want to thank everyone for your prayers for my buddy Greg's father.  He went in the hospital after he fainted and broke his arm, which required surgery.  While he was there, tests found problems with his heart and lung, so he is facing possibly more surgery and other procedures.  Greg has been spending every day at the hospital since Monday.
With all the good news we have received lately concerning interviews and feature stories, and podcasts, I have decided to look into doing my own podcasts.  I'm in research mode right now, but I hope to get going on it very soon.  I'll keep you posted.
I was reading other low carb bloggers blogs, just to get an idea of what others were doing, as I am so new to this and I came across one that listed his five most popular blogs.  The guy is a low carb blogger but his top two most popular ones were about the actress, Joey Heatherton turning 63 last year and another one talking about things you can make with duct tape.  I found that oddly interesting and began asking myself, why would a low carb blogger even be talking about those things?  Should I expand my subject material?  As I pondered this, I decided that my passion is helping people who decide to adopt a low carb lifestyle and also, provide information about the health benefits of the life, especially for folks like me who are diabetic and want to take control of the disease instead of letting the disease control them.  So, while I might occasionally ramble about other things, my main focus will always be my experience living this life.
That said, I want to tell you about the great meal Lisa made for us tonight.  She broiled a wild Alaskan salmon with a marinade made from sugar free honey and soy sauce (and other stuff), scallops fried with bacon and onion, and creamy mock mashed potatoes made with cauliflower.  My gosh, was it good.  She'll be posting the recipes soon, so be sure to look for them.
Well, I've rambled on enough for today.  I helped a buddy move into his new house this morning and my back is aching, so I'm going to have a scotch and water and just chill out with my baby.  I hope you all have a Happy Valentine's Day and as James Taylor says, "Shower the people you love with love, show them the way that you feel, things will be a whole lot better if you only will".  See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment