Friday, February 19, 2010

Newspaper Interview

Wow, I am so excited about our interview with the local newspaper, The Gleaner.  The reporter, Donna Stinnett, and the photographer, Mike Lawrence, put us so at ease, it was like sitting around talking to old friends.  Donna interviewed us while Mike took pictures and video of Lisa and I preparing her recipes of Crispy Parmesan Chicken, fried cabbage with green pepper and onion, and black soy beans with diced tomato and chilis.  I loved having the opportunity to tell of my experience with diabetes and how I came to find my "cure for diabetes" through High Fat/Moderate Protein/Low Carb living.  I told about my early symptoms, diagnosis, finding the Dr. Mary Vernon article, doing my own research, our decision to adopt the lifestyle, how we lost weight, and most importantly, how I took control of my diabetes and got off all my medications related to diabetes.  I did my homework prior to the interview, so I was able to site and provide the reporter with study after study showing the health benefits of the low carb lifestyle.  At several points, even the photographer was asking questions and said he found the subject very interesting.  If this helps just one more person come to grips with their diabetes and/or weight issues, then it was completely worth it.  Donna thinks the story will run next Sunday, which is cool because that's Lisa's birthday, but she wasn't sure.  She'll let me know as soon as she knows and I'll let you know as soon as I know.  Thanks for all the well wishes and moral support.  God bless you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment