Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Pork Chops and Apple Sauce

Hey, y'all.  Hope you're all doing well.  I'm doing fine considering the news I got from my dentist today.  I've been suffering from a toothache for several days now, so I finally made the call.  After reviewing the x-rays, I was told I need a root canal, which will happen on Monday and then a crown the next Monday.  It'll be a little painful, but I can take it.
Speaking of pain, did you see the heartbreaking story about the Dutch speedskater, Sven Kramer, and the bad signal he got from his coach?  It cost him the Gold Medal in the Men's 10,000 meter race.  Kramer had it all wrapped up and then he was signaled to move into the wrong lane and he was disqualified.  What a shame.
Well, enough about pain.  How about pleasure?  That's exactly what I felt when Lisa served up her newest recipe tonight.  Pork chops with cabbage and bacon.  It was the bomb.  She'll be posting the recipe soon.  You've got to try it.  For lunch, I fried some of the homemade, pure pork sausage I got from a friend a while back, put a thick slice of super sharp white Vermont cheddar on top, and made a sandwich with low carb whole wheat and  mayo.  That sausage is so good.  Thanks, Venetta.
I'm still working on the 26 songs I need to learn for Natasha Neely's big show next month.  I really like the original music she does.  I can't wait for our first rehearsal Thursday.  I get to meet a whole new group of musicians which is always interesting.  I've made a lot of friends through music and I don't expect this to be any different.
Just so you know, tomorrow is my birthday and we are having the kids over for dinner and a night of board games so I may not get a chance to blog.  I'll make it up to you later.  Keep it low.  See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment