Sunday, January 24, 2010

On the Road, Again

Good morning. I'm getting ready to take my wife, Lisa, and daughter, Lori to visit a college for a scholars luncheon this morning. There was a time in my life when we would have had a big ol' breakfast biscuit on the road, but I've learned to adapt. Lori went to Hardee's and got those big ol' biscuits with sausage, bacon, eggs, and cheese and then we just took off the bun and put all that on low carb wheat toast, which I think was better than the biscuit. I could have had a low carb breakfast bowl from Hardee's, which is only just awesome. My point is even though your in a hurry or on the road, you still have options. You just have to be a little creative and determined. We're only going to be driving a few hours today, but we like to have low carb snacks with us. That could just mean pork rinds, or peanuts, or almonds, cheese sticks, water, Diet Mt. Dew (which is my personal fave), or any number of low carb alternatives. I'm not sure what will be offered at the luncheon but in my experience you can make it work. Skip the bread. Load up on salad and low carb veggies. Eat the meat but not the gravy. Ask for unsweetened tea and use an artificial sweetener or leave it unsweetened, which I like. Anyway, you get the idea. I'd go into this a little more but the girls are telling me it's time to go. I may write more tonight, but if not, I'll see you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment