Monday, January 25, 2010

Monday, Monday

Good morning, i-friends. Hope you're all doing well. It's snowing here and the temps have dropped drastically. We took my daughter, Lori to visit Bellarmine University in Louisville yesterday, where she was honored as a Distinguished Scholar at a luncheon. We are so proud of her.
The luncheon consisted of a spring salad, rolls and butter, a baked chicken breast, green beans, and some kind of hash brown casserole square. Oh, and your choice of cheesecake or chocolate cake. Needless to say, I had the salad, green beans, and chicken, but as hard as it was, I didn't eat the rolls, hash brown thingy, or dessert. It takes a little discipline, especially when all the other 8 people at the table are devouring the carbs, but it's doable. Well, except Lisa. We did get the opportunity to promote the website with our fellow luncheoners and it turns out that one of the men is an avid cook. He was truly interested in Lisa's recipes and said he couldn't wait to try some of them. We also had a sticker made up for the back window of the car with our logo. Got a lot of looks on the way there, but I don't know if they were checking out the sticker or Lisa's new Nissan Cube. It is a funky little vehicle.
Well, today, I started off with a low carb breakfast bowl from Hardee's and a diet coke. I don't know if you have a Hardee's in your area but if you do, you should try the breakfast bowl. It is awesome.
My plan for the next few months is to restrict my carbs even more than I usually do because we are going on a family vacation this summer to Gulf Shores and I want to look good in my swim trunks. Not that I don't already look good. Ha. I just have a few lingering pounds that I'd like to shed.
Well, more later. I have a honey do list a mile long. So, see ya later.

No comments:

Post a Comment