Wednesday, January 13, 2010

My Typical Lunch

Good morning, all. I'm just having a cup of coffee thinking about what I'm going to write today. Yesterday we talked about what I normally eat for breakfast. I forgot to mention that if I have more time in the morning, I love to fry up some bacon (love me some bacon) or sausage and 3 eggs fried crispy around the edges. My granddad, God rest his soul, used to call that, "puttin' a fence around 'em". He was a great man who lived to be 93! If I'm out early, I go by Hardee's for their low carb breakfast bowl. It's bacon, sausage, ham, and egg smothered in cheese and it's to die for.
So, let's talk about a typical lunch for me. If I'm home, I might just have another cream cheese and hard salami sandwich on low carb whole wheat toast. I really like this sandwich and it's so easy to make. Sometimes I make tuna mixed with a little chopped white onion, chopped dill pickle hamburger slices, real mayo, and a little salt and pepper. I'll either make a sandwich on the low carb wheat bread or what I really like is to just scoop it onto celery stalks. Other times, I will eat thin sliced turkey breast and a few slices of sharp cheddar cheese, a few olives and some pork rinds. Pork rinds are my alternative to potato chips. They give me the crunch I sometimes crave and I eat them for a snack almost every day.
If I'm out, and didn't take my lunch, I like to go to Hardee's for their low carb thickburger. It's basically a thickburger and all the fixings wrapped in lettuce. It is so good, but make sure you have plenty of napkins cause it is messy. Sometimes, I go to a local Mexican restaraunt and order fajitas without the tortillas. It's very good that way. Or, I might go to a local Golden Corral and have a salad and meat off the buffett.
As you can see, it's not hard to eat lunch out, if you are a little creative. Most burger places will let you order any burger without the bun or you can just take it off yourself.
Tomorrow, I'll talk about supper time and some of the most typical meals we create. Be sure to check out the recipe section of the website as Lisa is adding more and more every day. Thanks to all of you who have supported us by visiting the site and following my ramblings. Be sure to check out Greg's blog and look for Lisa's coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment