Friday, January 15, 2010

Typical Suppertime Meals

I usually start my blog with good morning, but I'm a little late posting, so let's go with good evening. I've been writing about what I normally eat for different mealtimes so I'll continue that tonight with suppertime. It's a good thing Lisa and I are Pisces, because we eat a lot of fish. Tilapia is my favorite. We get a big box of individually wrapped filets (16 to a 4 lb box) from Wal-Mart. We each usually have 2 filets. I like to fry the filets in a little olive oil and sprinkle with a little salt and pepper. I like mine fried up until a little crispy. While that's cooking, I will either throw a bag of coleslaw mix in a large bowl (look for the mix without carrots but don't freak out if the mix has a little in it), add a little chopped white onion, salt and pepper, real mayo and mix, OR, warm some olive oil in a big skillet, chop up some cabbage and onion and green pepper and fry that up. Sometimes that's it. Other times, I may warm up some green beans to go with it. Now, I make the coup de grace, or the "special sauce". Recipe is on the website. This is what we do 2 or 3 nights a week, but with Lisa coming up with and actually making for me, all sorts of recipes to post, I get to try new stuff all the time. Lucky me.

Now, the meal I talk about above is just an example of our suppertime alternatives. Sometimes we might have breakfast for supper which would usually include cheddar cheese omelets (I like jalapenos and hot sauce on mine), sausage or bacon, and Healthy Life Low Carb Whole Wheat toast with real butter. In the colder months we like to have soup. Lisa has many low carb soup recipes (the chili is crazy awesome!). In the warmer months we might grill burgers and have them without the bun. Anyway, you get the idea. We've got many creative snack ideas, too. I'll talk about them soon.

So, check back often, check out Greg's blog, and look for Lisa's blog coming soon. Oh, by the way, I'm very excited about a friend I recently reconnected with on Facebook. He has been low carbing for about 6 months now and has lost 64 lbs! He has agreed to allow us to post his success story on the website, soon. This man is a real inspiration, so look for his story. See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment