Saturday, January 9, 2010

My first official blog

Well, folks, this is my first official blog on the newly designed website. I'll be telling my story and offering tips and new information about living a low carb lifestyle. I've been doing this low carb thing for almost three years now. I've gotten completely off diabetes, triglyceride, and cholesterol medicines, lost 65 pounds and feel better now at 51 (52 in February) than I did when I was 30.

I found an article on the Men's Health website entitiled "Cure for Diabetes" about a doctor named Mary Vernon who treated her Type II Diabetic patients with a low carb diet and touted a nearly 100% success rate at getting her patients off their meds. I was intrigued to say the least. I read everything I could find about the good doctor and the studies she sited. Then I decided to take the leap. Within a week, I HAD to go off my meds because my diet alone was keeping my blood sugar levels down and the meds were taking them too low.

I haven't looked back since. I will admit that I occasionally slip, but the beauty of low carb is that you can get right back on it. I still go in for testing because like an alchoholic, even though I'm controlling my problem, I'm still medically considered a diabetic, but for all intents and purposes, I consider myself "cured".

Well, that's enough for today. Check back often, as I intend to update every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment