Tuesday, January 12, 2010

My Typical Breakfast (or How I Start the Day)

Good morning, all. Today I thought I'd ramble about things I eat regularly. Lots of people have been asking lately so here goes. Almost every day, I start off the day with 2 slices of Healthy Life Low Carb Whole Wheat bread and throw it in the toaster. While that's toasting, I start a pot of Folger's Black Silk coffee. I have a 50's 12 cup percolator I bought on Ebay. It was still in the sealed box! Anyway, I go for my vitamins now, which consists of a daily men's multivitamin, a B Complex, 3 calcium/magnesium tablets and a D vitamin. I usually get those down in one gulp with a cup of Great Value Sugar Free fruit flavored drink mix that I get at Wal-Mart. I'll then pour into my now empty cup, a cup of 8th Continent Lite soy milk. I get that at Wal-Mart, too. It is awesome. It took me a while to get used to it but now I prefer it over cows milk. Now, I go back to the toaster and make a sandwich with Philidelphia Original Cream Cheese. I use a lot of cream cheese and sometimes I put on a few slices of thinly sliced hard salami. I pour a cup of coffee (sometimes mixed with a little soy milk) and take it all into the living room and watch Fox News channel while I eat. That's the start of my day most every day. We'll talk about lunch tomorrow, but before I go I want to talk a little about the math of figuring impact carbs or the carbs that actually impact your body.
I count the carbs that concern me by looking at the Nutrition Facts info on the actual product packaging which shows things like calories, fat, cholesterol, sodium, carbs and proteins, etc. In my mind, I don't look at much anything on this label but the carbs. Carbohydrates are broken down on the label usually with Total Carbs, then under that, Dietary Fiber, Sugars, and if it contains an artificial sweetener, Sugar Alchohols. I figure impact carbs by subtracting Dietary Fiber and Sugar Alchohol from the Total. Make sure you look at the top of the label for Servings Per Container because you now multiply the impact carbs by the number of servings. Confusing? After a while it just comes natural. I don't put anything in my mouth until I know these numbers.
Well, enough of that. I hope this information helps you. Remember, a lot of what I give you here are my opinions and experiences, so keep that in mind. See ya tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment