Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Spring Break

Hi, everybody.  Hope you're doing well.  I think I told you in my last post that we were going to be out of town this week so I might not get to blog.  We've been in Daytona Beach, Florida since early Saturday morning and this is my first chance to write something.  We left our house Friday afternoon and drove all the way through, with just an hour nap at a rest area in Georgia.  When we got here, our room wasn't ready so we changed into our swim suits and hung out around the pool for several hours until our room became available.  Unfortunately, I decided not to use sun block and now I look like a lobster.  I have been putting aloe vera on my skin several times a day and so far I'm not in any pain.
We have been having a blast with our daughter, Lori, and her friend Kylie.  It's just so great to be able to spend this time with Lori, as she will be leaving for college soon.  Too soon for me.  She's my baby girl.
Anyway, on to the low carb stuff.  We packed low carb foods and snacks for the drive and stopped at an IHOP for breakfast, so we didn't have any issues with staying on track on the way down.
As soon as we got in our room and unpacked, we headed to the local Super WalMart to get groceries for the week.  We stocked up on fish, cheese, cream cheese, low carb wheat bread, low carb lite soy milk, pork rinds, nuts, lots of green, leafy veggies, and other things that we could prepare ourselves in the room.  We took the girls out to a local eatery called Down the Hatch for fresh fish and crab legs a couple of nights ago and we all loved it.  Down the Hatch is a place we have gone to several times over the years and we have never been disappointed.  We usually bring the whole family down to Daytona just about every summer, but with the older ones having so much going on in their lives, we don't get to as often as we would like.  I love seeing the kids grow into such great adults, but at the same time it's a little sad.  When I look at them, I still see my little ones.
Well, I guess I had better get back to the family.  Lisa and I may walk the beach again tonight.  We've been walking at least a couple of miles in the morning and some in the evening, every day.  We like to collect shells and this year we found a sand dollar and a starfish as well as some beautiful shells.  I hope you all have a great day.  I may not get to write again until I get home, but I will try.  See ya!

1 comment:

  1. I think that's awesome how prepared you were for your trip! It helps so much =D Good luck with everything! I looking forward to reading more =)
    Peace ^_^V
    ~Niki

    ReplyDelete