Monday, March 22, 2010

Rainy Days and Mondays

Hello, everyone.  I'm finally getting back to the blog and I'm so glad.  I've been working some long hours the last several days, painting a friends rental house with my sons.  She inherited the house and wanted the entire interior painted before she rents it out.  It's an old farm house but in great shape except the paint.  It really turned out clean and crisp looking, so it was worth spending so much time on it.
I went to the dentist this morning to finish up a root canal, so I'm a little numb and in a little pain, but it wasn't so bad.  But, I'm just going to chill out today, anyway.
Lisa really went all out last week creating new recipes for St. Patrick's Day.  I was the grateful recipient of those awesome dishes.  Lisa is such a good cook, or cooker person, as my son, Bradley called her when he was little.  I can't wait to see what she comes up with next.  You should try all of her recipes.
Did you hear about the incident with The Vegeterian Myth author, Lierre Keith?  Ms. Keith was once a vegan until the diet had a very negative impact on her health.  She now promotes a low carb lifestyle and it has enraged radical vegan groups.  She was speaking at a book fair in San Francisco last week when she was attacked by some of them with a cayenne pepper laced pie in the face. This is the same stuff they use in pepper sprays and it burns the eyes terribly.  How dispicable.
I've been getting a lot of emails lately from some of you readers who have decided to adopt the low carb lifestyle.  I've answered a lot of questions and offered my support.  I am so excited for you.  I've also had several people come up to me around town, telling me that they have started the lifestyle and telling me how much weight they have lost so far and about how much better they feel.  I just love it!  If any of you have any questions or comments or want to share your story, please let me know.  I'm here to help if I can.
Well, that's all I have today.  The pain meds are starting to wear off so, see ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment