Sunday, March 7, 2010

St. Patrick's Day

Oh, my goodness!  Lisa has done it again.  She has decided to create low carb versions of traditional Irish dishes and I am the humble recipient of her glorious creations.  Tonight she made a meal so loved in Ireland, it has it's own song to honor it.  It is called St. Patrick's Colcannon.  It calls for potatoes, but Lisa substituted mashed cauliflower, which we love.  The dish combines mashed cauliflower, cabbage, shallots, garlic and corned beef.  It was so good that Lisa, Bradley, and I each had two helpings.  The recipe is posted on the website, so look for it there and try it for a special St. Patty's day treat.
We have been receiving so many e-mails lately that I'm having a hard time keeping up with them.  But, be assured, we answer all of them as soon as we can.  Folks are asking questions about low carb living, telling us their success stories, and just telling us how inspired and motivated they are by the information they are getting from the site.  They are also telling us about the recipes they have tried and how delicious they are.  We are humbled by all the positive comments and I am happy for the opportunity to help others on this road to healthy living.
I am also having people stop me on the street, in stores, and at church, telling me that they are going to start the lifestyle, or their spouse is, or they both are.  How exciting.
Greg weighed in the other day and has lost almost 30 pounds!  I am so proud of him.  Way to go, Greg!
If you have questions or comments about the low carb life, please don't hesitate to contact me.  That's what I'm here for. 
Well, I'm going to watch the Oscars so I'll get back to you tomorrow.  Have a wonderful evening.  See ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment