Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Country Music Night

I'm so glad to be home and writing my blog.  I had a great rehearsal with the Natasha Neely band tonight, but it went from 4:00 until almost 11.  I had a lot of fun, but I'm a drummer, and sitting for that long is hard on the old bottom.  I spent most of the morning going over my music and learning 3 new songs.  Then, we learned 2 more new ones at the rehearsal.  That's more than 30 I've had to learn in just over a week.  For this band.  I'm playing with The Whiskers band tomorrow night and have 12 new songs to learn tomorrow.  I'm not complaining, mind you, I'm just rambling.  Sorry.
We did take a little break for dinner, and I was able to stay low carb at a place called Cheddar's.  I had a side salad with very little blue cheese dressing and a bacon cheeseburger without the bun.  It was very good.
You may be tired of hearing about the feature story our local newspaper, The Gleaner, ran about us, but we got more good news today.  Greg called me this morning and told me he was in Evansville with his dad at the doctor's office, when he picked up the Courier and Press, which owns The Gleaner, and they ran the same story today.  Very cool.  Hits on the website have gone through the roof.  More than tripled!  We are so happy about that, as we are reaching so many more people with the low carb truth.  We've been getting e-mails and comments like never before.  People telling us their low carb stories and asking questions and just giving us positive reinforcement.  It is so cool.
Before I go, I want to tell you about the March 2, 2010 release of New Atkins for a New You: The Ultimate Diet for Shedding Weight Fast and Feeling Great Forever.  Duke University low carb researcher and practitioner, Dr. Eric Westman, said they wanted to bring back the high-fat, moderate-protein, low-carb nutritional approach that Dr. Atkins promoted as his life’s work. The new book brings living the Atkins lifestyle into modern society with a few important strategies that have been missing in previous versions of the Atkins diet.  I can't wait to read it and I think you should, too.
Okay, I'm going to bed now, so that's all for tonight.  Sorry I was so late getting this out.  See ya!

1 comment:

  1. I was in Walmart today and that book kinda caught my eye...congrats on all your good luck with the music and the website. Your talent as a drummer is truly a gift from God and so much work is a blessing..although I know it must be rough sitting for that long. You and your family are certainly inspiring..

    ReplyDelete