Monday, May 17, 2010

For Your Consideration

I just heard today that there is a bill before Congress that requires doctors to report the BMI of our children to the Federal government.  Really?  The government is going to monitor the BMI of our children?  They say it's to allow children to get help in losing weight, but what else could this information be used for.  And what kind of foods or diet plan will they promote?  Low fat?  I'm sure it won't be low carb, considering how far behind the times most dieticians are.  I think it is outrageous.
And have you heard the latest weight loss commercials that tout a high carb diet.  They say that carbs are the best source of energy.  Come on.  Get with it.  What did our ancestors eat for energy?  Before sugar became so prevalent in our diets, man got energy from fat.
And, again, another new medicine is being advertised on television that raises blood sugar levels, tryglicerides, and cholesterol levels to a dangerous level.  Look out for Seroquel.  It's a medicine for bi-polar depression.  It reaises the aforementioned levels to a deadly rate.
I just think that if people would realize the health benefits of low carb living, we wouldn't have a lot of the health issues we have today.  If health care professionals would get up to date with all the new studies that have, and are, coming out, and give their patients the right information, we wouldn't need the government getting involved. 
I've lost around 70 pounds and have been off all diabetes related meds for over 3 years thanks to low carb living.  I haven't lost brain function or muscle mass.  As a matter of fact, my focus is better and my body has never looked better.  If I had listened to the dieticians my doctor sent me to when I was first diagnosed with diabetes, I would still be overweight and on meds.
Okay, I've said enough.  This is just for your consideration.  See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment